 General / 29149
Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:45:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Shiner writes:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Netslaves has an article about geeks and their toys.  It mentions
LEGO too.

http://www.netslaves.com/comments/979826937.shtml

This brings about an interesting question that has been lingering in the
back of my mind for awhile now.

Are the majority of AFOLs geeks?  Or... more to the point...

What variety of occupations/interests does the Lugnet community and AFOLs in
general represent?

I for instance... am a geek... I am a Development Manager responsible for
eCommerce personalization. Prior to becoming a manager I was the technical
lead.  Pretty classical geek stuff.

What do others in the community do?
- Jeff

I'm a geek, and proud of it.

I'm a technical support engineer for very high speed cut sheet printers. I
need a good knowledge of Unix/Solaris, TCP/IP, Windows, Macintosh, Novell,
PostScript and PCL. I'm finding Perl and shell programming useful to.

In my free time, I play with my computer and read and write computer books
(Samba for Dummies is my latest).

I also play Lego with my 4 year old daughter, brew beer, run and workout,
and read (the Wheel of Time is the latest fantasy series to grip my
imagination).

George