 General / 27095
Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 04:41:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
<WARNING This post contain sepculative ideas on new products.. It should not
be regarded as fact. Hopefully TLC/TLG might listen to the ideas in it
though..>
[snip alot]

Nice ideas, but not too probable since Lego uses 9V direct current and Märklin
always used alternating current... I think there would be no advantage for
these two companies to develop a new dcc system. If Lego ever does it will be
quite simple (for kids).

I fear that would mean to control not more than 4 engines on track plus not
more than 8 points.

Just my two pennies....

Regards,

Ben
Even if LEGO should develop a DCC system with kids in mind, it's far better
to control more than one engine and a few points (turnouts) than none at
all. We must be grateful for what we do receive, in my opinion. -Harvey

My "DCC" stuff:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/misc/misc.html#fun