 General / 23788
Re: translation please...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:27:32 GMT

Here's my version from learning German in school 15 years ago:

For most Lego bricks may be play stuff - for programmer Eric Harshbarger
they're: The 29-year old American is probably the only Lego amateur
craftsman in the world, who makes money from his brick works.
The inquiries are piling up, particularly from Computerfreaks. A
Lego penguin for more than 1000 Marks ($450 - duq) is Harshbargers most
successful
sculpture - the penguin is the Mascot of the operating system Linux.
It all began with a scarcely a meter high and more than ten kilograms heavy
model of R2D2, the small robot from " star Wars ". Harshbarger may
not sell it however. The production company of George Lucas has the rights
to R2D2. More under www.ericharshbarger.com

Caption: UNIQUE PIECE This R2D2 sculpture consists of more than 3000 Lego
bricks /

Photo verification: ERIC HARSHBARGER

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Eric Harshbarger writes:

Aieee!

The Germans are talking about me [grin]... can some multilingual
LUGNETer translate the following article for me (hope the lengthy URL
comes thru):

http://www.stern.de/servlet/stern/servlet/Diderot2001?do=getarticle&templat
e=/magazin/archiv/ergebnis.tmpl&START=1&BASE=STERN&DB=STERN&NEXT=15&MAXRECOR
DS=1&RECORDS=1&CCL=%28eric%20harshbarger%29%20AND%20%28DA%3D1998-11-1%20TO%2
02000-11-1%29&FINDSTR=eric%20harshbarger&LIMIT=300&RESULT=222480-STERN&ID=22
2480&POSITION=1&ZEILE=1&QUELLE=STE

The article is supposed to appear in the print version of STERN #43 as
well,

thanks,

eric

I'm not quite a multilingual Lugnetter, but here's what Babelfish has to • say:

"For most Legosteine may be play stuff - for the programmer Eric • Harshbarger
is them more: The 29-jaehrige American is probably the only Lego amateur
handicraftsman of the world, which receives piece factories for its cash.
The inquiries accumulate themselves up, particularly from Computerfreaks. • A
Lego penguin for more than 1000 Marks is Harshbargers most successful
sculpture - the penguin is the Maskottchen of the operating system Linux.
Began all with scarcely a meter large and more than ten kilograms heavy
plastics of R2D2, the small robot from " star Wars ". To sell Harshbarger
may not do it however. The production company of George Lucas has the • rights
at R2D2. More under www.ericharshbarger.com Caption: UNIQUE PIECE this
R2D2-Skulptur consists of more than 3000 Legosteinen / Photon-oh-point: • ERIC
HARSHBARGER "

Hope that helps!
DaveE