 General / 23765

Subject:
Fishlips Minifig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:29:08 GMT

I recently purchased the Hydro Crystalation Station (6199) and the catalog
cover shows a minifig with a blue face, golden fishlips and I was curious
what set he/she/it comes from. It's wearing an Insectoid helmet - I know the
catalog's out of date, I'm just wondering.

Here's a scan:

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70/fishlips.jpg

Evil Wayne

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

Re: Fishlips Minifig?
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:20:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Wayne McCaul writes:
I recently purchased the Hydro Crystalation Station (6199) and the catalog
cover shows a minifig with a blue face, golden fishlips and I was curious
what set he/she/it comes from.

This was actually discussed not long ago, but I am unable to find much by
searching "Insectoids Queen." For sure she comes with #2965 Hornet Scout,
which was "Not available in any store" according to the S@H catalogue I am
looking at.  I am almost positive that the queen comes with other sets also,
because I have more than one.  Maybe someone else can rattle them off...

-- Richard

Re: Fishlips Minifig?
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:36:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Wayne McCaul writes:
I recently purchased the Hydro Crystalation Station (6199) and the catalog
cover shows a minifig with a blue face, golden fishlips and I was curious
what set he/she/it comes from.

This was actually discussed not long ago, but I am unable to find much by
searching "Insectoids Queen." For sure she comes with #2965 Hornet Scout,
which was "Not available in any store" according to the S@H catalogue I am
looking at.  I am almost positive that the queen comes with other sets also,
because I have more than one.  Maybe someone else can rattle them off...

-- Richard

Try this set- Sonic Stinger with mask or <set:6907 Sonic Stinger
without mask>.  I've never seen it in stores either, but at least you can buy
it online.

Re: Fishlips Minifig?
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:50:56 GMT

Aha!  Another chance to plug my minifig reference site.  Scans of all of the
Insectoids, including the one you have in mind, I think, and the info on which
sets contained them, is there.  Go to http://home.att.net/~locker99 and follow
the link to Insectoids.

For those patiently (or not) waiting, I'm working on scans for other themes
that are not currently on the site and should have them up soon, I think.

Enjoy

Paul ("But I LIKE Timmy") Ferguson