 General / 23743
Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 07:34:58 GMT

I agree quite a bit.  The new Star Wars lineup rocks.  Bionicle is
ridiculous.  The only throwbot that transformed and looked like something
was Scuba.  If you use a little imagination it looks like the Pisces suit
from Gundam Wing :P.  The new Mars sets are very cheesy due to the lame
'wanna-be battle driod' design. UGH.  I have to admit besides Star Wars Rock
Raiders is the only pretty cool set.  I was a huge fan of Aquazone and
Divers and Adventures is nice (maybe less lame cars and people and more
Animals/skels/building sets) and it would be great.  But I think the worse
is the bulk element setup.  They should have a seperate catalog with almost
everything lego.  You pay by the brick and get what you want and the numbers
of them.  I would love to purchase a bunch of skels and flat 2x2 gray/tan
plates but....  I would love to see some new veriation in sets. Maybe
instead another castle series we get a 'Roman Legends' set based off the
Odyssey or something.  Maybe replace town with a horror collection.
Graveyards with undead galore, Haunted Mansions with vampires, gargoyles and
golems, Farm house with werewolf and scarecrows, Dock with sea creature.
Just an idea.  I think it would be nice to go off the wall with something
'NEW' and 'CREATIVE' for a change.  Maybe a new Town setup.  A zoo with
animals (and I don't mean just bats, snakes, bears, monkeys, birds, etc.).
How about some utility buildings?  Maybe a school and a museum.  Or how
about a drive-in and some stores (sports/grocery/etc..)?  who knows.  If
anyone from lego wants any ideas they can email me at
raptorraptor73@hotmail.com for more ideas!  I don't know about everyone else
but the police/fire dept are getting REAAAL old.