 General / 19922
Re: FOTL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:00:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed writes:
FINALLY!!! I get to post of these :) instead of drooling over everyone
elses!

This is a find of my lifetime, I'll probably never get this lucky
again...
the Lego Gods were with my brother the other day I guess, he picked up a
newspaper, and was looking through the ad's.  someone listed a rummage
sale and specifially stated Legos <sic>, Well... I figured what the
heck, I decided to get up early go have a look, I got there before they
were supposed to start and this is what I found! (of course I cleaned
them out) :)

The other day I was quite stupid.  I had just inherited my brothers old LEGO
sets (mostly old 80's castle sets) and I was cleaning them (they can get moldy
if you try hard enough.. amazingly bleach does little to affect the color or
printing but that is a different story.) as well as putting them together to try
and see if I had any complete sets.  My brothers weren't as nice to thier LEGO
bricks as I was.  Anyway, I was on a lego high and I happened to scan the paper
and someone had mentioned legos in a yard sale ad.  I was all ready to go, but
my wife and I also were trying to clean up the house before guests arrived (my
part, luckily enough, was to clean and put away legos).  She even 2ce suggested
we go, but I figured I had enough with my new addition from my brothers.  But I
chose other things.  I guess I am not the lego freak that I thought. Ahh.. well,
I wish you luck with your find.

:)