 General / 18590
Re: Odd Discovery re: Ninja Walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 16:19:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mr L F Braun wrote:

When resorting my parts for my upcoming move (ugh), I decided to put
many of the large "panel" pieces together.  What surprised me is that
one of the long-available and now-unusual pieces--available only in the
DACTA castle set currently AFAIK--in fact "mates" with the new Ninja
stone walls.  I wasn't able to find it in my parts reference, but it's
atop this set in red:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=fire+breathing

That red tower top, above which flies the DM flag, is the one I'm
talking about.  It mates perfectly with two Ninja walls back-to-back,
allowing the wall to make a 180-degree flip.  The downside is that it's
only been available in red (correct me if I'm wrong), and the Ninja
walls are not available in red.  But even the brick notches match up
between the two types of hollow wall panel segments.

Nothing earth-shattering, it just struck me as interesting and
noteworthy, especially considering our recent "there's no good way to
corner a Ninja wall" discussion; there still isn't any really good way,
but it was curious to find a piece that carries the same geometry.

That's pretty cool.  Even if the colors don't work out.

Maybe they'll even make a quarter-tower-top someday. :)

Steve