 General / 18345
Re: Classic era damaged windows/doors.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 17:31:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Hey no problem with the questions,  I don't mind sharing info.

I'll check the paint spray can tonight at home.  But you should be able to take any new black brick (2x4),  take it to a hobby store, and compare the brick color/gloss with the top to the spray cans of black spray paint.  Make sure the paint is useable for plastic.

CA windows have a tendancy to warp slightly (you can't tell easily on the smaller >ones).  CA red windows have an orange hue to them.  CA white windows are whiter than ABS.  Old ABS white windows have a tendancy to yellow with age.  CA seems to keep its whiteness better than ABS.  CA windows were only ever sold in red or white.

Here is a breakdown on classic windows/doors :  Red and white windows are common
(even old CA windows are common).  Yellow windows are common in the 1x2x2, but
scarce in other sizes.  Blue classic windows were only produced in 1x2x2 and they are somewhat common (they also produced a 1x3x2 blue window in one of the 1980's train locomotive, and they are rare).  Black classic windows were only ever produced in the smaller sizes, and all are rare.  Gray classic windows were only produced in 1x2x2, and they are rare.

Gary Istok

Thanks for the info!  (Hopefully, LD will resurrect the old classic molds.)