 General / 18318
  Re: A new scan for 371 (fake?)

I'd have to agree that this is a fake. My reasons: 1) Instructions are too crude, even by 60's standards. Also, have a look at the following URL...it's supposed to be another page from the same booklet but the quality is many times greater! (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A new scan for 371 (fake?)

(...) Yes, because that's a set sold in whole europe (probably made in Denmark), while set 371 might be UK only... I know thats a weak argument. (...) Have you notices the 3studs over edge plate in step one? In the next step thatt might be a (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A new scan for 371 (fake?)

(...) the drawings there look a LOT better quality than this one, but as for this, well, that exact image is from another catalog, just re-used in this one. Actually, I think you can find nearly the same image elsewhere on brickshelf, as was done (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A new scan for 371 (fake?)

It is possible that two other things are happening here. 1) The images shown are from a prototype catalog that an old designer kept in his or her collection. Some type of mock up. 2) This is an authentic forgery from another company. Similar to that (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A new scan for 371 (fake?)

(...) After looking at the pics and scans, this is my opinion as well. This looks very much like a comp or a design that is still undergoing revision. Chris Busse (URL) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.general)