 General / 17945

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

Well all I was at The Construction Site in Waltham MA today and they were
unpacking a hugh load of new sets and I saw one of the coolest hair pieces I
have seen in a while.

The set was 6617 and is one of the new "Race" sets and the hair piece in
question is one of the Long Hair pieces which in itself is not exciting but
it was GREEN that's right green hair.  I just thought it was awsome and would
have bought the set except it was a $50 set :-(.

Anyway this was very exciting and cool.  I just can't wait to get one now.

You mean the set with the brown 2x4x4 half cylinder pieces and the two cars
with *really* big wheels?  I don't see it in the picture I have, so can I
assume the fig's come with both a hat/helmet and hairpiece?

Yes this fig comes with a Green helmet as well and her torso has a picture of
an alligator on it.

Also, what style
hair is it?  the ponytail or straight?

Straight!  I is way cool.  I just got to get one.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:32:23 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
Straight!  I is way cool.  I just got to get one.

It appears a green clad female fig comes with set 6707, maybe we can get it
there!

--
---D M Garcia
http://www.geocities.com/dmglego/

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
You mean the set with the brown 2x4x4 half cylinder pieces and the two cars
with *really* big wheels?  I don't see it in the picture I have, so can I
assume the fig's come with both a hat/helmet and hairpiece?

Yes this fig comes with a Green helmet as well and her torso has a picture of
an alligator on it.

It looks like she has a new face, too.  :)

Also, what style
hair is it?  the ponytail or straight?

Straight!  I is way cool.  I just got to get one.

Darn, I need a ponytail hair piece in green...  Oh, well!  Straight is cool,
too!!  :)

Jeff

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
You mean the set with the brown 2x4x4 half cylinder pieces and the two cars
with *really* big wheels?  I don't see it in the picture I have, so can I
assume the fig's come with both a hat/helmet and hairpiece?

Yes this fig comes with a Green helmet as well and her torso has a picture of
an alligator on it.

It looks like she has a new face, too.  :)

Actually... it looks strikingly familiar.
Ninja princess, anyone?
(maybe it's not the same face, but a similar design!)

-Shiri

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:34:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
You mean the set with the brown 2x4x4 half cylinder pieces and the two cars
with *really* big wheels?  I don't see it in the picture I have, so can I
assume the fig's come with both a hat/helmet and hairpiece?

Yes this fig comes with a Green helmet as well and her torso has a picture • of
an alligator on it.

It looks like she has a new face, too.  :)

Actually... it looks strikingly familiar.
Ninja princess, anyone?
(maybe it's not the same face, but a similar design!)

-Shiri

Where're y'all seeing these pictures at? I tried looking up the mentioned set
#, but I got nothing returned. Is there a link to the cool green hair that I
could be directed to? Thank ye.
Greg Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:36:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Where're y'all seeing these pictures at? I tried looking up the mentioned set
#, but I got nothing returned. Is there a link to the cool green hair that I
could be directed to? Thank ye.
Greg Majewski

Check out the same numbers in www.brickset.co.uk. (Can't link directly, 'coz
there're frames, sorry)

-Shiri

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 02:59:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:

Yes this fig comes with a Green helmet as well and her torso has a picture • of
an alligator on it.

It looks like she has a new face, too.  :)

Actually... it looks strikingly familiar.
Ninja princess, anyone?
(maybe it's not the same face, but a similar design!)

I don't think it's the Ninja Princess because if it were, her hair would show.
The alligator racer's face is very similar in design to the ninja faces though.

Yay! this face is perfect for a character idea I had today, and it comes in a
small set, maybe even with green hair!

  -L

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:43:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

Yes this fig comes with a Green helmet as well and her torso has a picture of
an alligator on it.

Also, what style
hair is it?  the ponytail or straight?

Straight!  I is way cool.  I just got to get one.

This figure also appears in 6707, a small RACE set that is $2.50 from S@H.
Maybe the green hair comes in that one too!

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:51:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
This figure also appears in 6707, a small RACE set that is $2.50 from S@H.
Maybe the green hair comes in that one too!

<crossing fingers>

please-oh-please-oh-please...

-Shiri

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 02:53:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
This figure also appears in 6707, a small RACE set that is $2.50 from S@H.
Maybe the green hair comes in that one too!

<crossing fingers>

please-oh-please-oh-please...

-Shiri

I'll let you know soon. I just ordered one along with a S@H special Race
Elements pack. Should arrive Saturday or Monday.

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 12:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
This figure also appears in 6707, a small RACE set that is $2.50 from S@H.
Maybe the green hair comes in that one too!

I'll bet not -- there isn't usually more than one "headgear" piece
per figure.  BUT, I think it's time to assign a name to this excellent
figure, and following the unduly neglected movie "Matinee", I propose
that we go with GAL-IGATOR

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 13:05:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Ferguson writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
This figure also appears in 6707, a small RACE set that is $2.50 from S@H.
Maybe the green hair comes in that one too!

I'll bet not -- there isn't usually more than one "headgear" piece
per figure.

The Divers sets were a notable exception - they had SCUBA masks and
baseball hats for all the divers.  And since the 'fig comes with the hair
*and* a helmet in the large set, there's a chance it might do so in the
smaller ones as well...

BUT, I think it's time to assign a name to this excellent
figure, and following the unduly neglected movie "Matinee", I propose
that we go with GAL-IGATOR

I'll go for that!

BTW, it looks to me like the alligator and scorpion symbols on the racers
are actually LEGO alligators and scorpions.  I thought that was a cute
touch.

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 15:14:10 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

In lugnet.general, Paul Ferguson writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
This figure also appears in 6707, a small RACE set that is $2.50 from S@H.
Maybe the green hair comes in that one too!

I'll bet not -- there isn't usually more than one "headgear" piece
per figure.

The Divers sets were a notable exception - they had SCUBA masks and
baseball hats for all the divers.  And since the 'fig comes with the hair
*and* a helmet in the large set, there's a chance it might do so in the
smaller ones as well...

Some of the Extreme Team sets also had both a helmet and a cap for each
minifig.

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Re: One of the coolest Hair pieces I have seen!!!
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 12:54:47 GMT

Has anyone else been able to order 6707?

I just called S@H, and the customer rep told me I was the second
person to call her, and that they're not showing it in their
database under that number.

Thanks to anyone who answers.

Paul