 General / 1769
Re: FOTD (Day)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:36:35 GMT

Barry McFarland writes:
With all of the Target mark downs out there I figured this was just a find of
the day. (FOTD).
Scuba Squad $2.53
Frontier Patrol $1.53
These scanned as "$clearance 0.00" at Target.  I took them to the front and • the
checker had to call a toy department rep up to put a price on them.  The guy
looked at the piece count and punched in the above prices.  Not bad.  I also
passed up a couple Crisis News Crew for $6.00, may have to go back on the
weekend for those, if they're still there.

I also ran into the So. Orange County, CA lego rep while she was stocking the
shelves of a TRU yesterday.  Won't mention names or anything just in case she
reads here (it was a pleasure talking with you).  She said that the Targets
have been hammered on lego inventory.  She especially noted the one closest to
our house (Gee, did  I help do that? :P).  No information on WalMart planned
clearance, but we agreed it would be later, if at all.  Target conpresses • shelf
space for toy department quickly after Xmas, hence the immediate discounts.

Any other rummors of the 70% clearance to begin on Sunday?  Someone posted
either here or RTL that it might happen.

Because I rarely Lego shop due to a lack of a job (and hence money), I am
kinda clueless on the whole clearance thing.  I havent' seen more than a 20%
off sale.  Does anyone live in the Chicago area (especially DuPage county, and
even more specifically Wheaton) who knows if the targets here have
clearances?  It would be worth it to check it out if there is a 70% off
markdown.  I want some RESQ sets badly!!

-Tim <><