 General / 17688
Re: UN Refugee Posters (was: Re: Posters!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Steele writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:

That may be true if you need all 5, but you can get 4 of them straight from
the UNHCR.  Here's a relevant web page:

  http://www.unhcr.ch/teach/tchhr/tchhr.htm

This was found by a simple web search.  I only have one of the posters
(thanks, Ray!), but I think I'll buy the other three.  NOTE: your money goes
to a very good cause at the UNHCR.

Have you contacted them about purchasing the posters?  From what I read on • this
web page, they are free to teachers and schools as part of the lesson plan.
You mention wanting to buy these and the money going to a good cause,

I wondered about this too. Even the ebay auction page made no mention of what
LP calls a "good cause".

Scott A

but
there's no mention of price or ordering information for us non-educators.
There's just an e-mail address to write to for info.  Before I wrote, I • thought
I'd ask if anyone else had written already and what they had found out.

--Mike