 General / 15275
Re: Pause clarification (?) -7171 Mos Espa Podrace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:30:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nephilim wrote:

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:

But the pod-racers themselves are identical.  I thought
there might have been some subtle difference between
the models.  Similar to the differences between the two
releases of the Explorien Scorpion Detector, 1737 and
6938.

Huh?  Other than the boxes, what's the difference between the 1737 and 6938? • Do
you mean the changes in the arms?  That's a North America vs. the rest of the
world issue.  Or something like that.

I'm looking at two 6938 boxes right now.  Both are N.A. boxes--they include • the
piece count, with distribution information for Canada and Mexico.

One box has the one-plate-atop-the-other arms pictured on the cover, the other
has the two-plates-side-by-side version.  But the both sets were actually the
two-plates-side-by-side.  And the pictures on the sides and back are the same • on
both boxes.  Hmm, those alternate models include the white 1x4 tiles which did
*not* come with my sets.  Egad!

Ahh.  My mistake.  I didn't buy both versions, and mistakenly assumed
that the box that came with an illustration of a Scorpion Detector
with different arms actually came with the pieces and instructions
required to build the model shown on the box.  =)

There you go, trying to be rational again. ;)

Steve