 General / 14719
Re: Fair labeling requirements (was Re: How many bricks are there in a lego set?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:14:14 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
In the case of TLG products, what actual benefit to consumers is this
law providing?

All sets with 100 pieces are not somehow fungible, the pieces are
different from one set design to the next.

As usual, a hard to read law that ultimately is useless.

I kinda like knowing ahead of time how many pieces will be in the set.  It
helps me determine if the set is a good deal or not, especially sets on
clearance, or ones that I am not familiar with.  (Using a rather subjective
price-to-piece ratio that is dependent on the type/sizes of the pieces and
their value to *ME*)

Also, if said law keeps them from picturing "alternate models" that use
pieces not in the box, this is an additional bonus.  I know that I would be
upset of I couldn't build something on the box without having to buy
something else.  And would be even more upset if I had to explain to a kid
why he/she can't build something on the box with the pieces in the box.

Troy