 General / 14475

Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:47:43 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tony Priestman writes:
On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, James Simpson (<Fp9xAJ.J47@lugnet.com>) wrote at
23:01:31

For all of us who grew up
on Lego, I'd wager that the wonderful boxes were an important part of the whole
experience.

Too true.

I really have to steel myself to open some of the old stuff that I've
got. But I bought it to build it, as well as enjoying the packaging :-)

Last year, I found a MISB Airport Shuttle. I was going to sell it, but
it's such a beautiful box, I had to keep it.

And the joy of holding a MISB 928 was something else :-)

It isn't ISB any more, though :-)

--
Tony Priestman

I apoligize for the last post.....cat on keyboard.....

The new packaging is a far cry from the "compartmentalized geek" boxes I
loved as a kid.....To this day I still have the boxes to Universal Building
sets 745 (1976?) and 733 (1979?).  They are beat up, but still great storage
and sorting mediums, w/ removable plastic trays and styrofoam frames.....an
environmentalist's nightmare.....

[...]

   I think the styroofoam is OK as long as you don't throw it away!  Who
could throw away *anything* Lego?!

   I saw the mispelling, and liked the way it sounds so :-P
   Drat that cat!
--
   Have fun!
   John

Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)