 General / 13213
Re: How many sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:28:41 GMT

Thanks Kevin,

If it is any consolation:

Besides the 840 classic LEGO windows I got from an accumulation of London Bus sets
in Michigan in 1985, 90% of all my classic windows (& doors) were found in Germany
(between 1979-93).  So if anyone should be ill, it should be the German AFOLs,
(heh-heh)..

But in all seriousness, I hope that LEGO Direct can help all you AFOLs get a better
supply of windows.  If TLC still has functioning molds for the classic series of
windows, I wouldn't mind several thousand of each (how about some colors besides
red and white?).

Or, if they still had some classic windows in their worldwide parts inventory
(remember, the Austrailians destroyed theirs!!!), then that would be fine also.
After all TLC won't be getting many calls about replacement classic windows, now
will they?

I know that there are a lot of you folks who really like the classic window (Mssrs.
Salm, Filz, Poindexter, Pieniazek, Katz, Musas, DiRienzo, Boxer, Cruse, et al).
And the classic windows are a topic I do want to bring up with LEGO Direct, when
they get around to providing us with Bulk Orders.

Gary Istok

Kevin Salm wrote:

I salute you, Gary.  You have done well in acquiring Lego.

Now that I am sick to my stomach, I must console myself with the ONE large
classic window that I have........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kevin Salm
....No Yellow or Clear macaroni to leave for posterity....

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
OK OK OK, you twisted my arm.....

That would be about 2900 sets and approximately 500,000 pieces.  Windows and • doors
- about 6000, of which 4000 are from the classic era (from before 1978).

I never took a complete inventory, but I did do some particular piece • inventories.
Here's a sneak preview of what I have (chosen especially for you Kevin - I • know you
like rare slopes).  Rob Farver - "Mr. Sloped Bricks" please don't read beyond • this
point!:

Quarter circle (macaroni) bricks - Red - 80, Yellow - 150, Black - 200, White • -
150, Blue - 50, Grey - 20, Clear - 50.

Low slope outside corners (3x3) - Red - 24, Yellow - 18, Black - 16.

Regular slope outside corners (2x2) - Red - 300, Yellow - 20, Blue - 120, • Black -
80, White - 140, Grey - 4, Tan - 60.

Steep slope outside corners (2x2x3) -  Red - 24, Yellow - 42, Black - 4, White • - 8.

Inverse regular slope outside corners (2x2). - Red - 60, Black - 100, White - • 120,
Grey - 12.

Large Classic Windows (1x6x3) - Red - 60, White - 50, Yellow - 6.

Small Classic Windows (1x1x1) - Red - 320, White - 290, Yellow - 4.

Medium Classic Windows (1x2x2) - Red - 350, White - 280, Yellow - 250, Blue - • 50,
Black - 2.

And what would be my rarest piece?  Probably a 1x1x2 (tall & thin) classic • window
in black.  I only have one of these, purchased from a German LEGO dealer train
parts pack box of miscellaneous items (along with the two 1x2x2 black • windows).

Gary Istok

Kevin Salm wrote:

C'mon Gary, fess up.   How many sets do you have?  I have been dying to know
since I first found out about you.

And how many hundreds of windows do you have again?

~~~~~~~~~~
Kevin Salm

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

D. Jezek wrote:

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Iain Hendry writes:
Hello,

Today, with nothing better to do, I copied all my set purchases from a • chart
of graph paper into Microsoft Pocket Excell on my HP 32O LX • (WindowsCE).
did a quick column sum for parts number and cost and came up with the
following:

Total Sets: 131
Total Parts: 10 587
Total Cost: $3 471.61 (CDN)

Cool. I have been working on this lately. Hope to finish today.

I've been working on this, but I buy sets faster than I can get them • into
my
system. What is currently entered into my system (which may be less than
half of my collection, and doesn't include parts lots bought off eBay, • nor
many of the sets bought off eBay which didn't come with boxes):

  Total Sets:     623
  Total Parts:    109973
  Total Minifigs: 1274

It especially doesn't include the tons of minifig lots I've bought, I've
probably bought 500-1000 minifigs off eBay. I don't have price data • entered,
so don't know how much I've spent.

Geez!  You must have a big house or a lot of storage space to display all • that
Lego.  How do you handle that financially?  I've been trying to keep my • total
lego value under $500 because well...this might sound silly but there ARE
other things than Lego.

..... Er..... Um...... under $500 total?  That would put me back to 1979, • back
when my collection had 4 digits in the total parts count.

Gary Istok