 General / 12173
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:44:36 GMT

Brad,

THANK YOU (and the LEGO Group) for opening the door! I plan to be among those
AFOLs you'll be doing business with in the near future.

Some of the items I'd like to see among the offerings are retired pieces of
great interest [to me - and others(?)], such as straight Monorail Track and
large plate windows (1 x 6 x 3). I am sure that I'll be able to expand on
lists such as this, but I'm hoping you'll provide a yes/no response to the
general question of "retired pieces being/becoming available".

I would also like to know if TLG intends to provide information to us
historian/collector types about what pieces have gone before - pieces that
wouldn't even be called retired because of their antiquity. I have many
elements dating 25 years and older, but I certainly don't have all of them. In
fact, although my collection numbers 2600+ different shapes, I couldn't even
list all of the elements LEGO has made because there are so many. But I'd
surely like to know what they are/were, so that coming across one at a garage
sale (or e-bay), I'd be able to tell it was really LEGO.

Again, thanks for recognizing and responding to the LEGO user community.

Wayne