 General / 12079
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 22:30:12 GMT

TLC has produced some non-conflict sets, the one that comes to my mind
is 6595 'Surf Shack'. I somewhat suspect that this set was sort of a
prototype-Paradisa set, although without the pink. Train sets would also
fall into this catagory.

Ray

Matthew Miller wrote:

Exactly. So why not produce regular, non-pinkified Lego System sets which
also are non-conflict oriented. I'm sure you've all seen me rant about this
before -- schools, restaurants, shops, parks, etc. Scala and Belville have
two strikes against them in my mind -- first, they really have problems with
gender stereotypes. But more importantly, they miss out on the most
important and interesting Lego feature -- there's barely anything to build.

I have some young female relatives that I'd love to buy Lego sets for. But
it's very difficult to pick out ones I think would inspire a love of Lego.