 General / 11986
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:53:22 GMT

Tom Boucher wrote in message ...
Uhm, you sure about that?   Both wings are extended in the picture of the
box I"m looking at...

    I believe what he is referring to is that the ship is flying with its
main wing horizontally instead of how it is seen in jedi in a couple of
shots at the vertical position.
    I believe the ship is able to fly in both positions. Ideally the whole
length of the B wing is supposed to pivot around the cockpit to allow for
greater maneuvarability.
    Also on the original kenner package you can see 2 of the ships flying in
the horizontal position.
--side note--If you look at ROTJ at the seen where Lando is telling Han
goodbye before the battle when Han gets on the shuttle Tydirium you can see
a b-wing in the hanger just in front of the falcon. Its of course laying on
its side but whats also odd is that the smaller wing is laying down in
reverse in the matte painting. Like towards the cockpit instead of away.

    Also as far as the packaging of the original Kenner ship and now the
Lego B-wing, perhaps they are horizontal to be shown in the largest manner
while taking advantage of the landscape shape of the lego box.
Most lego boxes seem to be wider than they are tall for a number of reasons.
The only exception I can think of at the moment is 6097 Night lord's castle.

    Palmer.