 General / 11697
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:43:43 GMT

All-

Ack!  I go out for a night at the bar, and LUGNET explodes!  That'll teach me to
have a social life, shame on me.

To Brad and TLC/LD, welcome.  It's been a long time coming (coming as it will just
as I'm moving to Europe, darn the timing!) and I'm delighted to see it.  Bulk
ordering?  Oh yes, bulk ordering...oh my, yes.  6x5x2 inverse-45-deg slope
fairings, bring 'em back!

As to Frank's suggestions of a holiday conspiracy over the scans and this
announcement, my feeling is that so long as it involves something like this and
not abductions/various probings by aliens/government implantation of
devices/absconding with my LEGO, conspire away!  :)  I do think someone *had* to
know about it--after all, you can't post to LUGNET until you've gotten clearance
to do so from the admins, correct?  And how on Earth would a "lego.com" domain
address have gotten by Todd and Suz without being noticed?  :)  It may also
explain the good cop/bad cop feeling some of us detected from them...hmmm.

So if it was planned and expected, kudos to all!  If not, kudos to all anyways!

best wishes

Lindsay

PS:  If you need those operators and sorters, I'm interested.  ;)  Tank grad
school to sort LEGO?  It's a thought...

---

Lindsay Frederick Braun (Mr)
Department of History