 General / 11667
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:48:53 GMT

Wow.

<standing on head and waving legs around>

excuse me, I've calmed down a bit now. I didn't reply to this when I saw
it on rtl, being a bit of a cynic, but if it's got past the LUGNET
checks and balances then I'll take it to be genuine.

What do I want?

* Bulk parts (yes, I'm a Lego parts seller and I STILL want bulk
parts!)(including Technic as well as System).
* re-availablility of older sets (how about everything Town andTrain
from about 1990 to 1996 or so!)
* Availability of ALL sets in ALL markets, including promotional sets
(even if there has to be a time lag while they are used for their
original promotional purpose)
* Availability of parts in all colors - light blue! brown! pink! light
green!
* Train items in addition to one solitary set available in stores
* New themes: historic buildings (from Greece, Rome and Egypy throught
medieval, Renaissance, Colonial, etc), more historically accurate
castles
* Animals of all kinds - especially farm animals
* Trans blue and trans-clear BURPs in the Arctic theme - icebergs!
* Better availability of minifgs (ie more variety of minifig packs) even
if it has to wait a while (eg the White Ninja Princess should be
available in a minifig pack once she's helped the sale of the large set
she was in for a year or so)
* If you must juniorise sets (eg City Centre - blecchhhh) please let us
have a Senior range in the same theme, so we can build eg a decent town.
(I build mostly my own designs of buildings - see my website link below
- but I like having decent Lego building sets available for the cool
ideas and the parts and the minifigs).
* "car doors" in the range of sizes one used to be able to get back in
the 70s, not just 1x3x1
* Better variety of windows and doors, more (realistic) designs, more
colors, and available through Lego Direct not just in sets! Trying to
get a decent selection of windows is a perennial problem for all Lego
Town builders.
* Better promotion of Lego's direct selling services. Even some Lego
Maniac kids I know don't realise Shop at Home exists (or didn't till I
got at them <g>)
* Make DACTA sets available more easily through direct sales.
* Support from lego for people like many of us who promote Lego to kids
around them. Not just giving presents to friends and relatives but
running train shows, running lego "classes" at schools, etc etc.
* A decent catalog which shows *everything* you can buy, not just a
selection.
* No more restrictions by country! Canada does pretty well but our
"Holiday Magic" catalog from S@H had about 45 pages compared to the US
75 pages.

I could go on, but I won't...

Welcome, Brad - and thanks for the great Xmas gift of your presence!

Kevin Wilson
Vancouver, BC Canada

--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com