 General / 11666
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:43:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere:

We hope that we are the bearer of some holiday cheer for you all. For those of
you who have felt that your love for LEGO was unrequited, this is a new day.
– Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legodirect@lego.com

(sorry snipped this drastically due to my inordinatly long ramble)

Welcome Brad
Just wanted to add my voice to the thousands of AFOL's all over the world, who
are REJOICING right now!!!!
just wanted to say that since the new 2000 set information started coming in,
I've been wondering whats going on. Change has been in the wind.
There have been a number of new set decisions that we have been celebrating
here of late. Unusual decisions hoped for but not expected. There have been a
few sets that have been unexpectedly bought out of retirement, such as:
Castles - Keep this going for a few years, please, you won't regret it)

Toolo (I for one am really pleased about that, and the new elements are
amazing)

Fabuland,(though I must say that classic fabuland would've been better, I for
one hate the new Disney sets and I think there is a lot who would agree with
me?????)

Remote control racers (these were discontinued here in Australia, for 1999,
I'm assuming that they were discontinued everywhere else too? These are back
for 2000)

Duplo Clowns (I know this was very popular when it was first released, please
continue this theme, what about a circus tent, with acrobats, lion tamers etc)

I found it amazing that these themes were being re-visited, would like to know
if it is a "nostalgic, lets revisit the sets everyone loved for the new
millenium" kinda thing, or are you going to continue these themes for a while,
and add to them (hope so,)

Would like to say thank you, anyway for the above sets, (plus dinosaur
adventurers)
I'd like to add a couple of wishes that I have, firstly as a AFOL (woman) who
buys for herself, I'd really like to see more female figures, in strong, not
supplementary/decorative only roles. Though more of these would be good too,
just more figures all round please.  I am not alone in hoping that the castle
female figures will be available seperately, can't afford to buy multiples of
the castle set just to get an extra castle wench!
The new Duplo train lineup is fantastic, but to be able to purchase carriages
seperatly instead of in large sets would be great. As someone who currently
has approx 30 metres of track,(plus 5 boxes of points, three bridges and four
level crossings) I cant justify too much more, though I really want the new
passenger train, without all the extras.
While I'm on a roll, I con't help adding that I would really like to see a
return to pirates (or maybe vikings instead!)
In duplo, I'd really like to see a return to the previous quality, for
example, the 1999 light and sound vehicles, had NON - REPLACEABLE!!! batteries,
(a big disapointment) these same vehicles had roof and trailor components that
a (strong) four yr old couldnt take off and put on by himself, meaning
creative play was stifled by having to constantly find a grown up to help.
Also the plastic in these same vehicles was thinner and more flexible (read
less durable) than in all my other duplo.
Finally, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release all of the sets in every country, at the
same time. As an Aussie, I'm so tired of having to wait until MARCH to see the
new sets come in.
I must also add that when I read your post, I was hoping that your offer to
purchase bulk parts, etc, was going to be a world wide offer, please don't
disadvantage us (non-U.S AFOLS) any further, (and perhaps the pricing here in
Australia could be looked at also?????
)
OK OK I'll shut up......
There will be many requests, complaints, demands and compliments from here on
in, esp[ecially now we know that someone is listening!!!! (and caring) If you
got this far.......It's great to have you on board, thank you, and thank you
for all the fantastic sets that are going to keep me VERY broke next year.

Rachel :-)