 General / 11619
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 22:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere:

Big Brother, he speaks! whooho!

We hope that we are the bearer of some holiday cheer for you all.

Lots of it :-) And welcome!

.

As a first step, we at LEGO Direct want to participate actively in these
newsgroups from now on – that is, if such participation is something that you
want. Please realize that it will take some months for all our new efforts to
be fully visible – we will be redesigning our entire Web operation (as well as
our offline direct services), and intend to have the first release ready for
you by late next Summer. But here’s a little preview that we think you’ll
like: we are planning to make bulk ordering – albeit initially in a restricted
format – available by then.

Could we please have some space stuff like the trans-color quarter domes? :-)

we’ll be happy to engage in a dialogue with you in these forums. We will do
our very best to respond to everything that we can in a timely manner. We want
to be a company with whom you want to be involved. We want to be the company
you’d like us to be. And to do that, we need your input. What do you love?
What do you hate? How can  we help you? Tell us – we want your input. We know
you’ve got a lot to say – we’ve been reading your postings for a little while
now.

I would really like to see rereleases of older sets.  Especialy space and
castle. Being born in 1984, most of the sets I really want were discontinued
long before I had the money to by them. And as being a teenager I can't afford
ebay prices.

We are very encouraged by the commitment and intensity of the LEGO
community online – and that includes AFOLs. Perhaps, if traffic warrants it,
we ought to consider creating a new newsgroup (or simply reformat lugnet.dear-
lego) to serve as the online communication-to-LEGO channel. It’s up to you.

I am sure Todd would be *very* happy to do that. :-P

Happy Holidays. And Play Well.

Oh, We will!
            Robert