 General / 11602
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:49:25 GMT

Brad,

Well, this is interesting, but I have a hard time believing this. Maybe
I am too skeptical. I think the majority of AFOL's here are frustrated
with TLC's lack of attention to us and our needs / wants / desires. I
was rather flabbergasted the other day when I inquired to a LEGO
representative at Toys R Us about some items. She had no idea what
LUGNET was, or that adults even collected LEGO'S. She referred me to
Mindstorms, which is a neat product, but one I am not interested in
buying as of now.

Anyway, I don't want to make a huge announcement or post right now, but
I think the biggest help for everyone is if TLC could do a few things:

1) Bulk orders of specialty pieces such as train doors, etc.

2) Acknowledgment of Pause, LUGNET, the train clubs, AFOL's, etc.

3) Support for third party companies if TLC cannot support specific
services.

Well, if this is true, I look forward to having more a representative
voice in what I feel is the best product of the universe. I have used
LEGO items since I was 3 years old, and have spent tens of thousands of
dollars for various LEGO products. I would guess a good chunk of revenue
comes from us AFOL's, and I hope you can help get our points across.
Good luck in your new endeavor, and I wish you all the success I can.
have a great night!

Sincerely,

Scott E. Sanburn Age 24
500+ sets
110,000 Pieces +

Brad Justus wrote:

< snipped Brads announcement for brevity >

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!