 Gaming / Starship / 246
245  |  247
Subject:
Registering to Starship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:27:21 GMT

Celestial Salutations!

My dear citizens and residents of the great and grand Galaxy,

I... have... returned.

(clap clap clap clap)

Thank you.  Thank you.  Okay that's enough, sit down!   ;)

BrickFest was fun.  I will post more about that in more appropriate groups.
Meanwhile, let me restart my Galactic Mediator duties with a couple of reminders
on how to register Ships, Craft, and Sectors.

PLAYER SHIP REGISTRATION:

A Player Ship is any vessel that is capable of travelling between Sectors.  You
do not need to register shorter-ranged vessels (see below), and an SM does not
need to register long ranged vessels that he plans to use only as NPCs within
his own sector.

Stolen from one of Richard's posts:
Don't forget, if you would like to register a vessel for Starship, post here, or
on the old board, or email to Hendo the details.  The details we need include
(mandatory elements are marked with an *):

Ship Name *

Organisation with which the ship is associated

Ship's Home Sector  (if given, this will be the ship's starting location)

Ship's Class

Ship's Role

Crew Species

Normal Crew Size

Number and Nature of any Sub-Vessels

Ship's Captain

Ship's Webpage *

Player *

Player Email *

Back Story or summary description about the Ship (Just a few sentences is good)

Systems Qualities:

Propulsion (High, Medium, Low, or None) *

Sensors (High, Medium, Low, or None) *

Armour (High, Medium, Low, or None) *

Weapons (High, Medium, Low, or None) *

The ship's webpage can be as simple as a gallery of pics, or as comprehensive as
you could possibly imagine, but it must exist. If your page goes offline for a
while, so might your registration. (Richard checks about once a month).

If you don't specify all the non-mandatory bits of information, but they can be
discerned from your webpage, we might capture some detail from there.

If a mandatory bit is not available, please refrain from registering until you
have all that we require.

CRAFT REGISTRATION:

A Craft (also called non-ship) is any vessel that cannot traverse from one
sector to another on its own.  These are generally smaller than true Ships and
might include scouts, fighters, bombers, shuttles, launches, landers, pods,
rovers, etc.  The rules of Starship do not require that you register any craft.
We have a craft registry page that is ocassionally updated simply as an optional
reference.  As it is optional, the information you post or email me need not be
as complete as for Ships, but please do consider sending the information in a
similar format as above.  For system qualities, you may indicate how a craft
compares to other craft (i.e. these shouldn't be used to compare a craft to a
ship).

SECTOR REGISTRATION:

If you are interested in being an Sector Mediator (SM), or if you are one and
want to open a new sector, please post here or email me.  The details we need
include (mandatory elements are marked with an *):

Sector Name *

Sector Location *  (if another pending registration already claims a location,
you may be asked to select another)

Sector Type of Gameplay (Adventure, Social & Trade, etc) *

Organisations that control or reside in the Sector

Description or story summary (just a few sentences is good)

Sector Mediator *

Sector Mediator Email *

Sector Website *

The Sector Website may be as simple as a map depicting celestial objects of the
local area, or it may be as complex as you can imagine.  But the site is
required as a reference for players who adventure to the location.

As with Ships, the sector registration process will be faster and easier if you
provide all of the mandatory information at once.

Thanks for playing!

-Galactic Mediator Hendo