 Gaming / 86
Subject:
A bunch of questions concerning Medieval Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:44:30 GMT

Hello All

I'm planning a game of Brikwars with a friend. The armies will be Fright
Knight + Bull's vs Ninja. I have some questions about it:

I have a bunch of Knights with Big Shield, Helmet and Big Sword. That's a
total AV of 11 (5 for the soldier, 4 for the shield and 1 for the helmet,
and that could be 2). It seems impossible to damage them, even with Katana's
(Damage 1d6+3), let alone things like ShortSwords, Bows, and Pirate Pistols
and Guns. What would be the best solution? I'm thinking about lowering the
Soldier's AV to 3, and probably  Shield to 1 (small) and 2 (big).

I think I'm going to use the Spacewoman stats for the Ninja's (about a third
of my Ninja army are actually Ninja's and having that much of SpaceNinja's
is a bit too much). And then 1 or 2 decorated Ninja's with the SpaceNinja stats.

I build a battering ram. Inside fit 5 minifigs, and the weight is about 19
Briks. So if I use Slave's they can push it along at a -1" movement penalty,
what seems about right. The problem is how much damage it does. The best
solution I came up with so far is using collision damage from the beam
inside vs. the wall/building/whatever. The beam weights 3 Briks. The problem
is the speed of the beam. Would be 5" for every Slave inside be about right?
That would be 25" with a full crew, so it does 5*15 = 75 damage. Although I
would rather have something like 1d20*7 or so.

What would be the stats of a whip? It's advantage is clear: The Soldier with
the whip could hit an opponent in melee (CC) without getting counterattacked.

What would be the stats and abilities of the Witch? And Skeletons?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Greetings, Rengenier

Re: A bunch of questions concerning Medieval Brikwars
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Rengenier Mulder writes:
I'm planning a game of Brikwars with a friend. The armies will be Fright
Knight + Bull's vs Ninja. I have some questions about it:

Hi!  Sorry I missed this post last week!  I hope I'm not too late.

I have a bunch of Knights with Big Shield, Helmet and Big Sword. That's a
total AV of 11 (5 for the soldier, 4 for the shield and 1 for the helmet,
and that could be 2). It seems impossible to damage them, even with Katana's
(Damage 1d6+3), let alone things like ShortSwords, Bows, and Pirate Pistols
and Guns. What would be the best solution? I'm thinking about lowering the
Soldier's AV to 3, and probably  Shield to 1 (small) and 2 (big).

The Big Shield only protects the Knight on one side (a 180 degree arc in
whichever direction the shield is facing) - if he is attacked from behind, his
AV drops to a much more manageable 6 or 7.  Even so, you will probably want to
send a bunch of guys to team up on him and do Cumulative Damage if you want to
have a chance of taking him down.  Or, just smack him with that battering ram.

I think I'm going to use the Spacewoman stats for the Ninja's (about a third
of my Ninja army are actually Ninja's and having that much of SpaceNinja's
is a bit too much). And then 1 or 2 decorated Ninja's with the SpaceNinja
stats.

Good call.

I build a battering ram. Inside fit 5 minifigs, and the weight is about 19
Briks. So if I use Slave's they can push it along at a -1" movement penalty,
what seems about right. The problem is how much damage it does. The best
solution I came up with so far is using collision damage from the beam
inside vs. the wall/building/whatever. The beam weights 3 Briks. The problem
is the speed of the beam. Would be 5" for every Slave inside be about right?
That would be 25" with a full crew, so it does 5*15 = 75 damage. Although I
would rather have something like 1d20*7 or so.

Well, let's see.  First of all, using Slaves in this manner would constitute
an attack, so you would have to pay extra for non-Pacifistic Slaves.  Pacifism
is -2CP, so each individual Slave's cost would rise from 4 to 6 CP.

Five Slaves provide a total of 10 Power, or 50b" of torque.  That means that
together they would be able to swing a 3-Blok beam at about 50/3 = 16".  You
would then roll a Collision between the beam and its target (see 3.6.5):

CollisionSpeed = 16", divide by 5 and round down: 3
Mass of beam: 3 Blox = 15 AV
3x15 = 45 damage
Convert 45 to dice: 8d10+1 or 4d20+1.

That's a lot of math but hopefully you only have to do it once before the game
and write it down somewhere so you don't forget.

What would be the stats of a whip? It's advantage is clear: The Soldier with
the whip could hit an opponent in melee (CC) without getting counterattacked.

Whip stats are listed under 2.3.5: Whips and Chains.  They're new in the 2000
revision, so if you're looking in the 1998 rules you won't find them.

What would be the stats and abilities of the Witch? And Skeletons?

We've got a KnightMare supplement planned that will cover this stuff, but we
haven't started it yet, so for now you're going to have to invent stats for
these characters yourself.  Look in Supplement SP: Supernatural Powers if you
want to give the Witch magikal abilities.  As for Skeletons, here's an idea
from a lugnet.loc.us.oh post from awhile back:

Skeletons: Normal Trooper stats except as follows -

For every 3 damage a skeleton takes, one skeletal limb falls right
off (defender's choice).  One legged skeletons hop at 3" per turn,
no-legs drag themselves at 1" per turn.  No legs and one arm moves
1/2" per turn.  No-legs and no-arms cannot move but may bite anyone
who comes in range.  No-heads have a Skill of 1d6-4.  A skeleton who
has lost its head, both arms, and both legs is 'dead,' although
detached skulls can still jibber and make conversation. Any detached
skeletal limb can be used as a Club or thrown at opponents; detached
arms can be used as a Tool by Mechanix.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

Re: A bunch of questions concerning Medieval Brikwars