 Gaming / 8
Re: BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:38:33 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Lorbaat wrote:

Does anyone else out there play BrikWars?  I played my first game on Saturday,
and enjoyed it immensely, but there are some... err, well, foibles of the
system that I think could be ironed out.

For example:  Vehicles seem to be too inexpensive for their relative value.
Why buy a squad of SpaceMen when for the same cost you can have a vehicle with
a seige weapon?  I was thinking that placing a ratio on vehicles, like 1 per
5-man squad, might reduce that a bit.

Any thoughts?

Maybe it's because a vehicle is way cooler than 5 puny SpaceMen?

I haven't played BrikWars, just read through the rules once or twice (mostly for
the funny bits).  But it seems like a legitimate approach is that the main focus
is the vehicles, and the SpaceMen are just there to operate the equipment.  And
to get blown to pieces, of course.

Steve