 Gaming / 323
Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
I also didn't get around to building my pirate base, so if someone wants
a try at something like that, that would be neat (though we can always
use 6273 which I do have built).

If I have time this week to breathe between finals (I probably will, I'm such
a slacker ;-) I'll try to tinker around with some bases. Whaddaya think a base
should have? I haven't quite figured out what role the bases play.

For the most part, bases should look cool. It would be good if they have space
for some (or many) cannon. I haven't decided how many cannon bases should
have, but they should have enough to require a pretty good sized fleet to
assualt them.

I would concentrate most on something that looks nice though. Bases are where
people will retreat to for resupply and to sell loot. They provide a role
playing opportunity, so bases which show some character will be more evocative
for role playing opportunities.

Note: In the Saturday game, I will be awarding some bonuses to those who
provide something neat for the game (and don't forget to show up in some kind
of costume if possible - if nothing else, stop at a toy store and buy some
kiddie pirate props - a definite bonus to someone who can supply me with an
awsome hat [I do have some kiddie pirate props, but if someone has access to a
costume store or just has a bunch of stuff about the house, that would be
really cool, I'm affraid I haven't had time to do a bang up job], note also
that a bandana can be turned easily into a pirate head wrap).

Frank

[...]

...I think a trip to a local Long John Silvers would be in order too (and the paper kids
hats are fun :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)
Visit the wildlink (http://wildlink.com)
lugnet #160

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:31:48 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Note: In the Saturday game, I will be awarding some bonuses to those who
provide something neat for the game (and don't forget to show up in some kind
of costume if possible - if nothing else, stop at a toy store and buy some
kiddie pirate props - a definite bonus to someone who can supply me with an
awsome hat [I do have some kiddie pirate props, but if someone has access to • a
costume store or just has a bunch of stuff about the house, that would be
really cool, I'm affraid I haven't had time to do a bang up job], note also
that a bandana can be turned easily into a pirate head wrap).

...I think a trip to a local Long John Silvers would be in order too (and the • paper kids
hats are fun :-)

Well, I don't want to find myself down too many points, but I have no Pirate
gear to wear.  I can, however, say "Arrrr" annoyingly often.  What's the
diferential in setup points for finding the getup?  ;)

As for that Long John Silver's, is there one in the area?  I'm partial to
"Pizza de Resistance" myself, at least in the "goofy names" category.

best

Lindsay

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:47:41 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Well, I don't want to find myself down too many points, but I have no Pirate
gear to wear.  I can, however, say "Arrrr" annoyingly often.  What's the
diferential in setup points for finding the getup?  ;)

And if it's any use, I know lots of silly "Arrrr" jokes. After their show, our
Improv club went crazy with these and made up multitudes of 'em. Arrrgh! ;-)

-Shiri

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 02:42:21 GMT

[...]

It mostly just means a special for your captain or some such. Note that
bonuses will also be awarded to those who help set up or supply ships or
islands. You can also just stop in a toy store on your way down and pick up a
pirate prop...

Yesterday and today I did some ship building. I built four cutters (including
one based on a 4 wide hull) and another class 2 regular ship (which has a pink
striped sail, and uses the bow detail from the Flying Time Vessel).

Frank

[...]

...I started a ship last nite and while thinking, ended up making a small 'pirate outpost'
island place compleat with a little prison :-)

Yesterday and today I did some ship building. I built four cutters (including
one based on a 4 wide hull) and another class 2 regular ship (which has a pink
striped sail, and uses the bow detail from the Flying Time Vessel).

...I'm working on a 2 deck 16w with 1 center section ship. Its got 2 cannon at the moment,
but I'm planning on seeing if the store has a cheap supply of cannon in any WW sets tonite

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)
Visit the wildlink (http://wildlink.com)
lugnet #160

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
I also didn't get around to building my pirate base, so if someone wants
a try at something like that, that would be neat (though we can always
use 6273 which I do have built).

If I have time this week to breathe between finals (I probably will, I'm such
a slacker ;-) I'll try to tinker around with some bases.

Um, looks like I won't really have time-- my grades are really borderline
right now, so they depend on how much I study... :-(

It's OK to build them on the spot, right? I'll bring my island BPs if needed.
LMK.

-Shiri

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:44:06 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
I also didn't get around to building my pirate base, so if someone wants
a try at something like that, that would be neat (though we can always
use 6273 which I do have built).

If I have time this week to breathe between finals (I probably will, I'm such
a slacker ;-) I'll try to tinker around with some bases.

Um, looks like I won't really have time-- my grades are really borderline
right now, so they depend on how much I study... :-(

It's OK to build them on the spot, right? I'll bring my island BPs if needed.
LMK.

-Shiri

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:46:53 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
I also didn't get around to building my pirate base, so if someone wants
a try at something like that, that would be neat (though we can always
use 6273 which I do have built).

If I have time this week to breathe between finals (I probably will, I'm such
a slacker ;-) I'll try to tinker around with some bases.

Um, looks like I won't really have time-- my grades are really borderline
right now, so they depend on how much I study... :-(

It's OK to build them on the spot, right? I'll bring my island BPs if needed.
LMK.

Yea, I'll be bringing stuff to build islands on the spot (we may also be
able to raid the building room...). If you want to bring stuff to build
with, please do, but we won's absolutely need it (I can pack a BUNCH of
island building stuff into a box).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 20:24:31 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:

Yea, I'll be bringing stuff to build islands on the spot (we may also be
able to raid the building room...). If you want to bring stuff to build
with, please do, but we won's absolutely need it (I can pack a BUNCH of
island building stuff into a box).

Frank,

Be sure to put plenty of critters on the islands,
especially snakes..... >;-)
("http://www.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=1092")

Franklin

[...]

...Well, I'm planning on bringing just about everything I own for just such emergencies
:-) Including lots of burps, castle walls, 5hi bricks, and tons of 6x8 tan plates :-).
Give me 10 minutes and I'll build u a nice little island :-)