 Gaming / 1147
1146  |  1148
Subject:
Meeting Locations at Gencon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:45:26 GMT

Hi all Gencon veterans, newbies, and just plain passing by gawkers,

I am writing out info on meeting arrangements to avoid confusion for people
trying to find the game. If you have suggestions let me know and add to the
thread.

Since BrikWars is a miniature game, the brick carnage will probably be
located in the Miniature Gaming Hall. They have an info booth where I can
leave flyers and register a location with the hall coordinator.  The
convention staff was very accommodating when I ran some pick-up games last
year so we should not have a problem with space.

I have a tentative list of supplies I am bringing. If anyone needs me to add
anything let me know.

Drop cloth for tables
Rulebook
Dice
Charts
Pencils
(I know this is boring, but it is amazing to see the number of gamers who
don't practice proper gamer etiquette)
4 to 5 different battle groups for players to use.
Spare figs, weapons, and animals.
5 Plano bits boxes, maybe more, hopefully not less.
I will try to construct towers and other structures.

As I said before, the miniature hall HQ will be the best place to leave
information and exchange messages. I cannot remember if the mini hall had a
dedicated bulletin board to post messages. We can coordinate game plans from
there. Normally info flyers posted to the main bulletin board located by the
main entrance have a low vapor pressure. People rip them down and post their
own stuff till all that remains are staples and paper scraps.

I know many of you will not know your schedule till you get there Thursday.
I will make arrangements at the Mini HQ to hold messages from everyone and
set up a tentative schedule. Besides everyone, including me, will wander the
dealers room for hours on end at some point so I will not be running from
sunrise to sunset. But then again......the Lego booth might sell more than
Bionicle. It is a dream I have....................