 Gaming / 1031
Re: Pirate Game Rules Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:

One thing Steve has been trying to come up with is a way to eliminate
plotting moves since this slows down the game the most.

It seemed to me that getting the hang of plotting took a few turns for most
people and then they could mostly do it in their sleep.  When I've played, I
typically had my next turn plotted long before the previous turn was resolved.
Do the experiences of others here differ?

I had a hard time figuring out how plotting worked from the sheet. But once
plotting was explained to me it was dead simple. But then I've done Star
Fleet Battles(tm) plotting which is quite complex compared to this.

I think plotting adds a fair bit of realism and strategy... you have to
think about how you want your ship to end up. Just like in real days of sail.