 Gaming / 1002
    Pirate Game Rules Thoughts —Frank Filz
   At BricksWest, Steve and I had some discussions about the game rules. One thing Steve has been trying to come up with is a way to eliminate plotting moves since this slows down the game the most. The problem I would have with eliminating this is the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate Game Rules Thoughts —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) It seemed to me that getting the hang of plotting took a few turns for most people and then they could mostly do it in their sleep. When I've played, I typically had my next turn plotted long before the previous turn was resolved. Do the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate Game Rules Thoughts —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) My reading is pretty much in line with Chris here. But then again, I'm a metricating fool. The big problem with plotting, as I see it, is that when ships close in, independent plotting loses its connection to reality. If anything, I'd suggest (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate Game Rules Thoughts —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I had a hard time figuring out how plotting worked from the sheet. But once plotting was explained to me it was dead simple. But then I've done Star Fleet Battles(tm) plotting which is quite complex compared to this. I think plotting adds a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate Game Rules Thoughts —Frank Filz
   (...) That works well for some players, but if you recall, there is always one player who hasn't even started plotting when you ask if all plotting is complete. (...) In the role playing game, winning has generally be determined by wealth. In the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)