 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Racers / 39
Re: Racers keeps crashing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.racers
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:54:42 GMT

In lugnet.games.lego.racers, Matthias Jetleb writes:

<Snip>

Perhaps the absent manual would have shed more light on the subject,
but I find that it keeps crashing. It works well most of the time, but
occasionally the program just spontaneously aborts (no errors
reported). This usually happens when a weapon strikes a car and the
car is launched into the air. You can see the car go up, but at the
point when it should be coming down again, the program aborts. This is
the most frequent incident. I might get through several races, but
sooner or later it gets me.

I've only managed to play an entire circuit three times without
getting dumped out of the program, but in all three cases, I was
dumped again before the second circuit (I'm assuming there is one from
what I've read here since people are making references to tracks I
haven't seen and the box makes a reference to running tracks backwards
- I've never gotten to this point)

1.  Running tracks backwards.  -- Just to find out what's there, you
can actually turn the car around and drive the opposite direction --
you'll keep seeing "Wrong Way" in the middle of the screen, but you can
do it.  In addition, some people and reviews have noted that circuits
4-6 are "backwards" versions of 1-3, although actually they are mirror
images (right turns become left, etc.)

2.  No real idea on your sudden aborts, other than to note that I'm
using Windows ME, on a much faster Pentium III machine, with no problems,
so it's probably not a Windows ME problem.  (Now, wouldn't THAT be a
change!)

3.  You could check the FAQ at http://www.lego.com/software/racers
and see if any of the suggestions there help.

<Snip>

Any ideas?

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ