 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Racers / 19
Re: Shortcuts (a largeish message)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.racers
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:36:25 GMT

In lugnet.games.lego.racers, Nick Cameron wrote:

After the craters shooting lava right when you first see the first 2 arches
with lights (red&blue) turn left slowly so you go up a little higher than the
main track. You should be behind & left of the arches go behind the small but
out of place rock so it would be hard to swerve away from the large rock wall.
Behind the little rock is a shield. AS SOON AS YOUGET IT USE IT! Imediatly
swerve directly INTO the wall (now blinking). The wall was realy a force-field
to hide secret SPYRIUS operations!

Cool! :)  Now I've got a trick my sons haven't figured out yet!  Always
have to stay one step ahead of the kids.

The other shortcut is more ovbious. I think
if you go through the arches in the right order you can enter the dome from the
big ovbius door with all the big ovbius powerups hidden behind it's nearly
completely transparent walls.

The trick with this one is that the arches have a sound, as well as a
color.  One arch in each pair has a high-tone, and the other has a low-tone
(the tones are tied to the colors, but I don't remember if blue is high or
red is high, sorry).  Shortly after you pass the shortcut the first time
around, listen for a sequence of three tones.  This sequence (which changes
with each lap) tells you the correct arches to drive through.

Steve