 Events / Chicago House of Bricks / 53
52  |  54
Subject:
House of Bricks update...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 02:18:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

quite a bit has happened in the past week for HoB - so it’s a good time to post an update!

There have been a few builders mentioning that they are coming:

Duane Colicott of Bricks for Brains will be displaying his 9 foot long Great Lakes freighter and his canal lock models. He’ll be demonstrating the canals with boats he and the public will build.

Steve Hassenplug, Brian Davis and Brian Bonahoom will be making a Great Ball Contraption, as well as maybe bringing other robotic sets for play and display.

Felix Greco will be bringing a castle layout and landscape.

Fradel Gonzales will be bringing in his sci-fi stuff.

Matt De Lanoy will be bringing his Star Wars models.

I’ll be bringing in some sci-fi stuff too!

Brickfilms will be providing some films too for the convention!

and there looks like there will be a skyline brought to HoB this year also.

And there’s still room for more! Some things I would like to see at HoB would include:

Some Battlestar Galactica models, as a star from the show will be there.

Some models themed to Lord of the Rings and King Kong, as the special effects group for those movies are the Guests of Honor.

And HoB attendees get a surprise right off the bat....drop me a line if you are attending and displaying!

Interested in coming? Register here, and I’ll see you there!

Joe Meno
Event Coordinator, House of Bricks