 Events / BrickWorld / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Brickworld Announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 21:15:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear fellow AFOLs,

BrickJournal™, BrickStructures™, Team Hassenplug, Team Possible, Team B-squared and Fun Time Technologies have joined forces and are pleased to announce Brickworld ‘07 to be held in Chicago. Brickworld™ is a chance to showcase your creations right here in the Central Midwest. Chicago being the third largest city in the U.S. naturally has a great deal to offer - including 3 Lego outlets. We are strategically placing the Brickworld location in the suburb of Wheeling, IL just 30 minutes northwest of downtown Chicago. Wheeling is conveniently located close to the expressway servicing O’hare Airport and is also half way between the 2 Lego outlets at Woodfield Mall and Northbrook Mall, each 15 minutes away. The 3rd Lego store is located downtown Chicago 30 minutes away.

The event will be held at the brand new 5 star Westin Hotel & Convention Center. The main ballroom offers 15,000 sq/ft and an additional 15,000 sq/ft around the ballrooms peripheral for small group sessions, competitions, demonstrations, The Great Build (more about that later), marketplace, etc.

BrickWorld ‘07 will be held from June 21st - 24th 2007. We are excited to bring this show to the public during a time of year when school is out and sunshine & good weather are in. The convention area will be open for setup the afternoon of June 21st for early birds. We will have a closed AFOL exhibitor day on Friday and public exhibition on Saturday, June 23rd and Sunday, June 24th. This June weekend is reserved at the site for the next 3 years, reinforcing this event as the one event not to miss!

BrickWorld attendees will be a part of a well organized, professionally run event that will draw the public from the greater Chicago area and provide them a show like they have never seen before. To do this, BrickWorld needs you!!

The floor organization of BrickWorld will be designed to accommodate large collaborative displays, such as the Great Ball Contraption, Moon Base, Castle and Train Layout, in the center of smaller, individual displays where each AFOL has their own creations on their own table(s). Of course, there will be certain displays that don’t even need a table.

Stay tuned to Lugnet and the BrickWorld website www.Brickworld.us for details and registration information. Meanwhile, we welcome your ideas.

We look forward to seeing you all in Chicago!!!

Sincerely, The BrickWorld Team