 Events / BrickWorld / 398
397  |  399
Subject:
Castle at Brickworld 2010
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 03:01:54 GMT

Hello everyone. I will again be coordinating the Castle display at Brickworld.

Let me start off by giving some basic information about the Brickworld event:

• Website: http://www.brickworld.us/
• Date: Thursday, June 17 - Sunday, June 20
• Location: Westin Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois (same as previous years)
• Registration cost: $50
• MOC table size: Each table is 30”X72”
• Hotel room costs: $119 per night (That’s half of their going rate. Please be aware that you have to sign up through Brickworld by May 26 to get the special discounted rate.) They tell me that the rooms are going faster this year than they ever have, so don’t delay if you plan on staying at the Westin.
• The first 750 registrants that are paid in full by May 20, 2010 will receive an engraved name badge and goody bag.

Classic-Castle’s own Baron von Ellermann will be the Pirates Coordinator again this year. We will have the collaborative Castle and Pirate layouts near each other with a sea/water area between them similar to what we had setup last year. (The return of the Blue Baseplate may provide fodder for this, but using a blue cloth on the tables is certainly an option too.) We’re hoping to have more table space this year also. I will be able to confirm table space for the collaborative layout after April 25.

Ben had a great idea of including something Spacey in the displays this year in cooperation with this year’s event theme. Now I know what some of you are thinking: “WHAT?! I don’t want Space in with my Castle stuff!” Don’t worry my friends. Just keep in mind that in the Castle area Castle rules! There is absolutely no reason why Spacemen coming through some time portal have to be doing anything besides getting attacked and having their ships smashed to pieces. :D

If anyone has ideas for something special you’d like to do in the Castle display or something that you’d like to see included, please let me know. I’m always up for new ideas.

Please also remember to fill out the “MOC info” on the Brickworld site once you’ve registered. (This is for all MOC’s, not just Castle ones.) If you plan on including a Castle MOC in the collaborative display, make sure to click the “Classic Castle City” checkbox in your registration information. The checkboxes can be changed, so you can update them if your building plans change. Feel free to mention any Castle MOC’s you’re bringing in this thread as well.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me.

David Gregory
Brickworld Castle Coordinator