 Events / BrickWorld / 14
Re: Brickworld Needs YOU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:11:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Jude,

Thank you for you interest in Brickworld...We were kind of holding back on the individual names until we were done finalizing, but.....we are more than happy to “reveal” ourselves.

BrickJournal = Joe Meno

BrickStructures = Adam Tucker

Fun Time Technologies & Team Bsquared = Bryan Bonahoom

Team Hassenplug = Steve Hassenplug

Team Possible = Brian Davis

Most people will recognize Joe’s name from his past efforts, including BrickJournal and coordination of BrickFest 2006. Brian and Steve do all sorts of stuff from Mindstorms to Moon Base to mini-fig collection and all things LEGO. Bryan is a Mindstorms fanatic. And, Adam builds big scale models of skyscrapers (you may remember his building from BrickFest 2006).

Adam is our leader for two reasons: 1) Experience - He used to organize Star Wars shows about 10 years ago and 2) Location - He lives about 15 minutes from the Westin Hotel where Brickworld will be held, so he is doing a lot of the leg work.

We are presently enlisting the help of people to lead the coordination of various aspects of Brickworld. While our general approach is similar to BrickFest, we do not intend to group all MOCs under themes. The only “theme” areas that will be presented are those things that are collaborative displays (like the train, moon base and great ball contraption) where various MOCs are actually connected together. AFOLs will in general have their own assigned display area.

Why are we doing it this way? 1) It will require fewer volunteers than other approaches and 2) It is different than some other events.... Will we always do it this way? Who knows...let’s try it this year and see how it works out.

Once all of the coordinators are identified, we will post coordinator names (only with their permission).

You also asked about money. Bryan and Adam are assuming the financial risk (and its large) for the event. And, while the event is not being created to make money there is the possibility that we will make or lose money. If we actually make money, the people that help make Brickworld happen will reap the benefits according to their level of effort & risk they take. This means everyone involved from Adam to all the AFOLs may get some return for their efforts. There are so many variables between where we are at and profitability that we aren’t even worrying about this. We simply want to put together the best event possible to ensure the AFOLs and public have a great time.

Finally - you asked what the cost would be to AFOLs. Based on the event costs we anticipate, we forsee this as about $60.

We appreciate the support of the AFOL community as we move forward with the Brickworld efforts.

We are looking forward to seeing you all in Chicago.

Best Regards, The Brickworld Team