 Events / BricksWest / 696
Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Todd Thuma writes:
Tim, thanks for the positive comment, but I still need people to weigh in with
their critiques. I have called for input before and no one has said anything.
Maybe this upheaval will encourage others to get-it-off their chest and weigh
in with remarks either way.

Yup, Todd, but you asked for constructive feedback, not attacks. I saw a lot
of the latter today.

If everyone wants a good time and a venue to show the good animations, then I
need feedback. Otherwise, things will continue as they have with little to no
outside input that will increase the popularity of and the commitment to the
animation festivals.

Sure, and I think you're doing a great job of taking the constructive
criticism to put on better festivals in the future.

If I were you, I'd restrict entries to one format, and one format only. A
format you know you can work with and can transfer to VHS easily to create a
first-generation copy. It shouldn't be your responsibility to bend over
backwards to convert each person's films into a needed format to get them to
video.

I've got some opinions on the types of films shown, but I'd rather chat
about that via phone or in person. I'll let you collect your thoughts from
everyone else, and if you want to hear my opinion as a non-animator on the
BW03 festival, drop me a line. I know we already talked briefly about it at
the fest...

-Tim

PS - a common thread I saw last weekend, I heard it mentioned several
times... 'people are a whole lot nicer in person than they are online.'