 Events / BrickFest / 3871
3870  |  3872
Subject:
BrickFest PDX 2007 Mosaic Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:47:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

BrickFest PDX 2007 Mosaic Event

This year at BrickFest PDX attendees will witness the on-site construction of a giant color mosaic built out of 1x1 LEGO plates. All attendees are invited to help and/or compete in the construction of this mosaic!

This year we chose a famous painting that we feel depicts the feel of BrickFest PDX. Can anyone guess the famous artist and painting? We’re keeping the finished mosaic a surprise, but we can tell you that it fills 20 48 x 48 base plates, with over 46,000 pieces in 18 colors.

There are 2 ways you can participate. Registered attendees can check out a panel to build at home and bring with them to BrickFest or you can team up with another BrickFest attendee and compete in a timed building event to see which team can build their panel in the fastest.

Details:

We have 15 panels that need to be built at home. All the 1 x 1 plates and instruction needed to build a panel will be mailed to you. You will build the panel at home on a 48 x 48 base plate that you own. When you check in your panel at BrickFest PDX we will give you a brand new bley base plate in exchange for the base plate that you built the mosaic on.

We will also build 5 panels of the mosaic at BrickFest PDX. There will be 5 two-person teams competing against each other in a timed building event. The fastest team will receive a prize!

If you would like to build a panel at home or compete in the timed build off, please send an email to Bob Kojima at bobATfialDOTcomNOSPAM.

Thanks to Steve Witt from LEGO and Slim Pickins from A Slim Chance for helping us secure the parts needed to build this mosaic.

And don’t forget to register for BrickFest at www.brickfest.com! See you in Portland...

Bob