 Events / BrickFest / 2889
2888  |  2890
Subject:
Many many thank yous and notes....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:32:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

I just got in to my place in NC and before I forcibly eject my stuff from my car
to my workroom and room using shaped charges, I need to take the time to thank
all those who attended BrickFest...every one of you with your models and with
your presence made the event an incredible success!

And I want to personally thank online the following people:

Chris Giddens - for basically running the Moonbase with only one or two
questions at the very beginning...and that was it! After that, he was telling ME
what should be done:)

Members of SciBrick (Lenny Hoffman, Adrian Drake, Bram Lambrecht...etc.) - for
helping out at the Scifi - er - SPACE! rooms.

Brian Darrow - for helping with table skirting and for bringing the Blacktron
Super Moonbase Module

Felix Greco- for being an absolutely great host for the ceremonies

Ryan Wood - for sending not only his models but two awards that were used for
the Space Awards

Eric Sophie - for building the Mecha Awards

Jason Allemann - for premiering his Leonov MOC (from 2010)

For general help, Susan Michon and actually her family, Derek Schin, Daniel
Sabath, Pamela Hale, and a whole bunch of others who helped set up and later
rebuild the rooms

Michael and Erika Huffman - for continuing to put up with my constant missing of
dinners with them :)

For my fellow coordinators - for putting in your time and effort to come up with
new ideas (a siege VOTE, Magnus? Great idea) or to show off new themes
(Miniscale, Janey? Way cool!)

But my highest thanks go to

Jim and Maelee Foulds - When things got messy, the true friends are those that
stay no matter what. Both were always ready to help, no matter what was needed
("want to sort 250 Event models?"), and both are true friends.

and Christina Hitchcock - for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this
event, and for being a great friend.

Thanks everyone!

Joe Meno-Meno
Assistant Event Coordinator, BrickFest