 Events / BrickFest / 2010
2009  |  2011
Subject:
Scratch and Dent Sale Bargains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:04:41 GMT

I've always gotten something at the Lego Outlet during Brickfest and
this past year was no exception.  I limited my purchases to a few of the
smaller HP clearanced sets.  One of the sets I bought was 4705 Snape's
Classroom.  I got it for 50%, or $10.  I built this set the other day
and it was missing a whole slew of parts, though, including most of the
bits I actually wanted (cauldron, ladle, figs, cups, etc.)  Anyway, I
called Consumer Affairs and they are going to replace my missing parts.
  The charge was $11.00.  So, I suppose I made out ok, as I am winding
up paying the same as I would have in, say, Wal*Mart, if I bought the
set there.

Still, I noticed that this year's scratch and dent stuff was not like
previous years' stuff.  This year, the sets I bought were all previously
opened, taped closed and had loose parts directly inside the boxes (not
in bags).  Some of the parts were bent, misshapen, and one even had what
I can only assume were toothmarks -- animal or human I cannot tell ;)  I
must say, I prefer the sales in previous years, when it was just the
boxes that were damaged.  I might have to stick with department store
clearances to find bargains.