 Events / BrickFest / 1945
1944  |  1946
Subject:
BrickFest thoughts and pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:39:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Fest was amazing. I mean AMAZING.
I have so much to say I’m going to say a tiny bit of it in small comments:

Thank you to everyone who helped me get there, including:
  • Cary Clark
  • Larry Pieniazek
  • Chris Giddens
  • Adrian Drake
  • Mark Sandlin
  • Margaret Keys
  • And Many more
Pictures:

Ramblings:
  • Nick Kappatos is one of the funniest people I’ve ever met
  • Greg Hyland is the coolest comic book artist I’ve ever met
  • Felix did an amazing job coordinating the Space activities, and he’s a brilliant public speaker
  • Sandlin, Adrian and Bram are great, clean, quiet roommates
  • Chris Giddens and his wife are beautiful people
  • Chris Giddens owned space this year
  • Chris Giddens wouldn’t want you to know this
  • Space.
  • Thanks to everyone who bought a Bot Factory or Matchbot!
  • 2 by 2 by 2 slope. Yow.
  • I didn’t get to see nearly enough robotics stuff this year. My fault.
  • Christina Hitchcock is amazing.
  • Great to meet Jen & Dan Boger.
  • Lando is brown
  • Teddy is from Earth
  • The curry won.
  • Dyad means pair.
  • Andrew Saada is a really nice guy
  • It was great hanging out with Fradel
  • Damn, it was great hanging out with everyone
  • Especially Blacksmith’s Wife.
  • This Fest was very Space intensive for me. It will come out in the pics. But I love Space, what can I say.
  • Space.
  • Pleh!
  • Nikolai Pieniazek is one of the coolest kids I’ve met in a while.
  • He made great bots
  • He has a lifetime supply of soccer balls
  • The expression on Larry’s face when nick won the soccer balls is priceless.
  • I want to win a Bricky some day.
  • I’d rather win a Brammy
  • Guinness
  • GO TO NORTHWEST BRICKCON IN EARLY OCTOBER
  • I’m sorry, but Steve Bliss has amazing hair.
  • The Samurai Jack and Aku MOC made me gasp
  • Teddy Bear Picnic was ruined made me confused.
  • All the new (to me) locals from DC that were there rocked. (Dylan, Mary etc..)
  • That was a very tall tower.
  • Best. BrickFest. Logo. Ever.
  • I have bunches of new brick to sort. Most of it blue.
  • Speaking of, bRick (Hallman) is a great guy with a great beard.
  • Primo
  • Hearing that people were literally kicking that Galidor pod thing makes a small part of me sad, but not really.
  • Everyone from Toronto was a blast.
  • Remember kids, make sure to get a maximum of 1 hour of sleep before the first day of BrickFest. It makes the brick real pretty.
  • Joe Meno and Chris Giddens are twins.
  • Speaking of Joe. Your Lionfish and Sea Monkey Temple give me brick chills.
  • And your Sea Monkey trading cards attract girls at airports. It’s true.
  • ARRRRGGH!!!
  • To Eric H: Parker
  • To Eric S: Great to meet you! We’ll have that french maid outfit ready for NWBC.
  • Bob Hayes is a Space God. Best orbiting space station ever made out of LEGO. Period.
  • Yoshima looked great by the Neb, if I do say so myself.
  • Possums
  • The Shpleem has returned.
  • The Vanguard owns me.
  • Well, all PCS owns me.
  • I’m comforted by the knowledge that Train folks can pee at carpool and think only of Space while doing so.
  • I think the shape of the mini Q-Wing is cooler than the original shape. Scott Lyttle makes really really cool small stuff.
  • Travis Kunce is a cool guy with a million ideas.
  • Aaron Sneary makes awesome Moonbase cap things, which we will be discussing soon.
  • Ok I think I’m done.
  • If you aren’t in my pics or your MOC isn’t in my pics or I didn’t mention you here please don’t take it personally.
  • One last thing:
Well Played.

    j o n
zemi.net