 Events / BrickFest / 1717
Moonbase Mods: High Density Living Projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:41:25 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hidee Ho!

Finally, I figured out the basics on my new digital camera, as well as found
some time to play with it.

New additions to my previous Moonbase folder at:

Deeplinks of the new stuff for pre-moderation:

View of the Magneto Fusion Power Plant with new mods behind:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_01.jpg

Angled view of the same:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_06.jpg

Overhead, from the Power Mod:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_07.jpg

View of all five Mods:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_08.jpg
The rooftops of the low-income housing mods are rented out to communications
companies to supplement the cost of construction.

The four High Density Living Mods:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_02.jpg
Note that the floors are interchangable (except for the basement levels) such
that I could make an eight level mod, for example, or as pictured here, two mods
of two levels, one of three, and one of one).

Two MTron utility workers check out the shiny new Recycling Collector in the
basement level:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_05.jpg
Two of the mods have one of these.  The two vehicles nearby are recycling rovers
of which the rear fits inside the Collector once opened.

Stockhandling Droids work the loading dock in one of the basements:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_03.jpg
The two mods without Recycling Collectors each have a sliding loading dock door.
Each of the four basements also includes an airlock to an exit portal, and all
four mods have a turbo-lift at the center of each floor.

Example of an interior living area:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hendo/Moonbase/HiDens/moonbase_04.jpg
Most floors are divided into four apartments.  Although small, each apartment
includes a bed, toilet/sink, stovetop, table/chest and a mini-telecomp.  Some
have double bunks.

The only unfortunate thing (from my POV) is that I have drained my blue bricks
down to almost none.  I don't have any 1X blue bricks remaining, and thus a few
of the floors interiors are not complete.  I may setup a scene of construction
workers and droids working inside such areas.  Or I might spend money on blue
ABS at BF...  :)

Let me know what you think!

FUT: .space

-Galactic Mediator Hendo