 Events / 924
    Re: BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 Announcement —Mark Papenfuss
   (...) Steve, First and foremost, let me wish you luck with this event, and let me also thank you for taking this on - I know it is in no way a small task. You should be applauded for taking this on. But at the same time I do have concerns about this (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

        Re: BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 Announcement —Frank Filz
     (...) Not entirely true. I think it would be nice to come up with a good overall name for the rotating con, but I would submit Worldcon as something that has a different name each year. In fact, Worldcon really isn't the official constant name (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

         Re: BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 Announcement —David Laswell
     (...) Yeah, but that's a much cooler story than "a bunch of people paid entrance fees", and it should generate some free pre-event news coverage *coughHINTcough*. And talk about a unique souvenir... (...) I have a little bit of practical experience (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

         Re: BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 Announcement —Todd Thuma
     Comments added below the selected statement: (...) David, I happen to work in a University Conference Center called the Georgia Center for Continuing Education. We do a lot of conferences here for academic and non-academic purposes. We serve many (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

        Re: BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 Announcement —Steve Barile
   Hi Mark, Thanks for summarizing your concerns! I got thru most of the old thread and it started to hurt my head! :) Since most of these decisions where made by many people I'll use the word we. But please everyone don't misunderstand that "we" (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)