 Events / 822
Re: San Diego Seeks LEGO Enthusiasts for SIGGRAPH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 20:25:28 GMT

Hi Adrian,

I'm interested (located in LA). What I can do? :)

-Anne

This one time, Adrian Egli wrote:
I'm planning a collaborative build at SIGGRAPH 2003 this summer.  This is a
big event and I'm eagerly looking for people who are interested in coming
down to help.

SIGGRAPH is "the worlds largest marketplace of computer graphics and
interactive techniques conference" and will be held at the San Diego
Convention Centre July 27th to the 31st.  For more information about
SIGGRAPH visit http://www.SIGGRAPH.com

At the 2003 BricksWest, a SIGGRAPH organizer contacted BricksWest organizers
about having a LEGO display at the event. She attended BricksWest and met
with local club representatives as well as BricksWest staff to put this
event together.

At SIGGRAPH, we will have MOCs and the collaborative build as mentioned.
What the collaborative creation will be is yet to be determined.

AFOL's outside the San Diego area participating in SIGGRAPH are Matt Gerber
and Tim Courtney.  We are very interested to have other AFOL's join in on
this.  Although it is hoped to attract local AFOL's in the San Diego area,
other AFOL's in Southern California can participate in they express a strong
interest.  Tim will be doing an LDraw presentation and seeks the help of a
local LDraw enthusiast.

At the end of this month I will be meeting with a SIGGRAPH organizer to go
over some details and would much like to hear and meet with others
interested.  Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks,

Adrian Egli
aegli@san.rr.com
LUGNET member #806

--
Time for new haiku:                (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
Lacking inspiration, I              >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.