 Events / 671
Re: Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:15:56 GMT

Tommy - Many, many THANKS to you and Peyton for the GREAT work y'all did
over the weekend.  I gave my nephews the bricks you made with their names on
them this weekend and they thought they were about the coolest piece of LEGO
they'd ever seen.  My status as favorite uncle was given a little boost.

I had wondered if you guys got to leave the room at all during the weekend.
Sorry to hear that it was as I feared - that you didn't get to really enjoy
the actual events and sights at BrickFest.

Next year don't be bashful about hanging a "Closed" sign on the door and
going about the real business of the 'Fest - enjoying LEGO!

Thanks again for the awesome work y'all did!

Greg

In lugnet.events, Tommy Armstrong writes:
I just wanted to say for me (and I'm speaking also for my son Peyton--if it
is possible to actually speak for a son) that BrickFest 2002 was full of a
great deal of satisfaction and also of disappointment.

We were well pleased with the reception that the name tags had and welcomed
the business we did. I hope everyone was pleased with the name badges and
the other things we did. We were also wonderfully pleased with the
facilities and a hearty thanks to all the organizers, but especially to
Christina. We hopefully made some good business contacts, and also met some
very nice and interesting people.

The food was great-we ate ourselves around the world. Mexican the first
night, Vietnamese the second (had the best piece of bird I have ever eaten
when Peyton ordered the quail and I helped him out with it), and the Indian
restaurant at the Comfort Inn had perhaps the best bread and yogurt that I
have ever eaten. The tandori chicken was also excellent. Even the Dunkin
Donuts made a great deli sandwich.

But we were both really disappointed in the convention. Because we did not
get to see much of it. As an ex retail store manager, I just hated to let
customers walk out of the store--however if we are able to go back next
year, there will be some new "store policies". I missed so much, and I am
really upset about it. Thanks everyone for the pictures that have been
posted. We will just have to simply shut down for periods to see the
incredible exhibits and some of the speakers.

If anyone has any pics of the badges, I would appreciate them letting me use
them on my website which I really need to work on.

Tommy Armstrong
HPT Designs
hptdesigns@charter.net
http://www.hockyjocky.com