 Events / 507
506  |  508
Subject:
Traveling to Europe and Visiting all Three Legoland Parks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:25:31 GMT

Legoland Fans,

I have been working on an idea now for a couple of months, ever since I
discovered the LEGO Company was building another Legoland Park in Germany. I
have always wanted to travel in Europe. I am at the age (30+) and station in
life (not married and no children) where if I don't do it now, I probably
will never do it this easily again. The idea is to travel to Europe and
visit all three Legoland Parks in the same visit.

I have calculated that this will require at least 10 days of travel in
Europe of leisurely travel and pacing. It could be done in 6 days if one
wants to wear oneself out. I plan on doing this an inexpensively as possible
using hostels, cheap accommodations, and sleeping on the train when
possible. I am also planning on site seeing along the way.

I was planning on going solo, but the prospect of which has left me less
than enthusiastic for planning the trip. Last night I hit upon the idea of
making this a global thing! That’s right! I said to myself, “Self why
shouldn’t I share in the fun with others, those that are interested in the
LEGO System.”

So here’s the deal. I welcome anyone that would like to join me for all or
part of the trip. I will try to contact residents in Europe as well to join
us on this adventure. After all, why worry about traveling alone when you
can find others with common interests and look out for one another along the
trip.

The details…. There are none! That’s the great part about it. You get to
have a hand in deciding the details. I have no idea when we are going or
when we are coming back, but by the time we leave we will know most of the
details.

Here’s some of the low down. If your coming from North America, South
America, Australia, Japan, or Asia you will need to get yourself to a
starting point, yet to be determined, at a particular date. If you’re in
Europe you can meet us at the location that eventually gets decided. From
there I think you will need a EuroRail Pass or you can buy separate train
tickets along the way (I myself have yet to determine what is best for me).
Along the way we will share in the adventure of a lifetime, make memories to
tell our grand children about, frolic in the sun, make friendships that will
last several centuries, maybe break a few hearts, fall in love, and more
importantly, VISIT ALL THREE EUROPEAN LEGOLANDS.

If you can join us for the full trip, maybe you can plan to meet us at one
of the days we visit the parks.

The idea of this is to plan a schedule that has us in certain cities on
certain dates and then to meet there and enjoy the parks. I am particularly
interested in staying a night or two at the Legoland Hotel in Billund, Denmark.

I am even thinking about a T-Shirt that can be designed and worn by
participants on the day of the trips to each park. This way those traveling
will have something clean to wear. I can probably work it out with the parks
PR department to receive the shirts and meet us the day of the excursion to
hand out the T-Shirts.

The order of the parks that we visit is unimportant but I think it should
reduce the back and forth and time it takes to travel.

For those that haven’t yet researched much about each park, they tend to be
in less populated areas. The Billund, Denmark Legoland is apparently the
main attraction in that city and tourist season doubles the city population.
The Gunzburg, Germany one is west of Augsburg and really small in comparison
to other Germany cities. It is also close to Neuschwanstein Castle. If you
don’t know what Neuschwanstein Castle is then you definitely need to go on
this trip. Windsor, England is a little more populated than any of the other
cities, but it is a “suburb” of London (My apologies to those that disagree).

As for what time of year… Its up in the air! We could go in Sept (time it
right and we can go to OctoberFest in Germany) or go in the spring when the
flowers are in bloom in Denmark (like May) or any time in between.

That’s the great part! If you interested you get to help decide!

So what do you think? Anyone interested in an adventure?

Todd