 Events / 2166
2165  |  2167
Subject:
ModelTeam Motors at NWBrickCon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 02:43:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

(for Lino...) Model Vehicle Builders Rejoice!

My name is Lino (AtomicBuilder on Brickshelf) and I’m pleased to announce that I am the Coordinator for a new theme at NWBrickCon called ModelTeam Motors. If you are inclined to build realistic looking, larger-than-minifig scale vehicles that resemble the Model Team sets of yore, then this is the category for you.

Here is an old Model Team set…

Here are a few samples of MOCs that I have done that fit within this category.

Just because I specialize in retro hot rods, bikes, and customs doesn’t mean you have to. All vehicles are welcome within this category, whether they be retro or modern, so long as they are larger than minifig scale and have that model team look. Also, this category is not limited to just road vehicles, so if you have that bi-plane, speedboat, or rider mower you are just itching to build, then have it done by Brickcon in October and it will be proudly displayed within this category.

One key note is Technic vehicles (that look like Technic vehicles) still remain in their own category. They work phenomenally but do not have a realistic model team look. Sure you can have what looks like a Chevy big block engine under the hood but it doesn’t have to actually work like one in order to fit in this theme.

So bring those jaw-dropping cool model vehicles to NWBrickcon. Let me know you are doing so by emailing me at linotopia@hotmail.com (by Oct. 4th please) so that I can ensure room for your MOCs.

NWBrickCon is an annual Lego convention and exposition in the Seattle Area. NWBrickCon 2007 will be October 5, 6, and 7 at the Seattle Center Pavilion. For more information, visit http://www.nwbrickcon.org