 Events / 1982
1981  |  1983
Subject:
LEAHI display at the 2006 Hawaii FLL Tournament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:20:26 GMT

Our LUG, LEAHI, put on a small display at the 2006 Hawaii FLL Tournament this past weekend (Dec. 2, 2006) at the University of Hawaii at Manoa’s Campus Center. We had a lot of fun, and impressed a lot of children and adults with our various MOCs.

Since the FLL theme this year was “Nanotechnology”, we came up with the idea of nano-scale (well, maybe microscale) minifigs and robots working inside of a human blood vessel. Together, we formed a 5-foot long MOC called “Capillary Action”:

Of course, what would a display be without a Town? Since it is the Holiday season, we came up with a cool idea for something we named “The Christmas Parade”:

And, of course there were many other brand-new MOCs made for this display, such as Patrick’s “Legcutus of Borg” and “Warp Zone”, and a whole bunch of others, which you will probably see in some upcoming posts:

Aloha!

“Big Daddy” Nelson
www.leahi.org