 Events / 1336
Re: Gauging interest in The Hobby Show 2004 - Toronto, ON
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:57:56 GMT

In lugnet.events, Jason Allemann wrote:
   snip

Hmm, this sounds pretty cool. I’d be interested in bringing a couple of models down from Ottawa, especially the Discovery and soon to be complete Leonov. I’d really like to display them whenever I can.

And I would think many people would love to see them. I know I would!

   Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to sneak them into ParLUGment’s upcoming train show. Uh, yeah, it just looks like a spaceship, really, it’s a house! ‘HAL, the grass needs to be cut again.’ ‘I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that’.

Any chance that other builders in the Ottawa area might want to join you, to share expenses, travel, and all the fun? :)

The invitation is certainly open. In fact, in my reposting recently I forgot to mention one thing. The invitation to attend this show is not only open to people who attended (or hoped to attend) last year. It’s for anyone who’s interested, regardless of their involvement last year. I hope we can have more people attend than our first attempt, though it was most definitely a success.

   I can’t really commit 100% at the moment but I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t be able to make it, even if it’s just for the Saturday and Sunday.

Sounds good either way.

Best regards, Allan B.